OK, so I was trying to make it a top 10 list! But, there are just too many reasons to use a house call Veterinarian.
1) Less stress for your pet
2) Less stress for you
3) If you have children, you don't have to pack up the kids and the pet to haul them to an office.
4) Your kids can play at home, while your pet is seen; so you don't have to worry about making sure that they don't get into the sharps container, or inadvertently come into contact with an aggressive dog (or dog owner..haha) at the Vet's office.
5) Time is money! If you work from home, you don't have to take time off to sit in a waiting room...sometime for hours. The only time you stop working is when your pet is seen. You resume working as soon as the Vet leaves.
6) Most cats, and some dogs, hate cars.
7) Some dogs and cats get car sick.
8) Most pets hate the smell of a Vet's office. This alters their vitals that we check on physical exam and blood work.
9) Almost all cats hate having a big dog's head sniffing at them in a carrier in the waiting room!
10) No worries of your pet catching the current infection that is going around from the waiting room. After all, other sick dogs and cats are going there.
11) Geriatric dogs have a hard time getting into the car, and walking on the slippery surfaces at the Vet's office.
12) Pet's can be humanely put to sleep in their favorite spot with their favorite people.
13) You and your pet get the Veterinarian's undivided attention
14) Elderly, or disabled, clients that are unable to get to the Vet's office can still get quality care for their pet.
15) You just love convenience!!!
Cynthia Mazzola DVM has been practicing quality Veterinary medicine for over 20 years. She loves the relationships that she builds with owners and their pets, especially when they are seen in their own home with Our House Call Vet in Rockland NY and Bergen NJ